Arrival & Dismissal Times and Procedures
At Novi Middle School we expect students to arrive at school on time. School starts at 7:45 a.m., and we dismiss at 2:26 p.m.
Students either ride the bus, get dropped-off or picked-up by a parent or guardian, or walk to and from school. Please read the relevant information expectations depending on your student's category.
- The bus loop is on the east side of the building.
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the bus loop and will allowed off the bus at 7:25 a.m.
- At dismissal students exit to bus loop and get on the busses as they arrive.
- If you need additional information, please contact our Transportation Department at 248-449-1245.
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the front, west side of the building.
- Pull forward all the way: Stay single file and in the right lane. Drop-off can occur anywhere there is a sidewalk.
- Be Alert: Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
- Walk: Kids need to walk up to the school building. Please do not park and walk across the parking lot.
- Safety first: It takes teamwork to make the dream work! At arrival, students can enter the building at 7:25 a.m. At dismissal, students should exit the building and be picked up on the west side of the building.
The Novi Community School District policy states that if you reside within walking distance of the school your child attends, then your child is expected to walk. One mile or under is considered the "walk zone" for the middle school.