Academic Integrity Policy
An essential part of middle school education is developing a sense of academic honesty and integrity. There is zero tolerance for cheating or plagiarism.
The following examples of academic dishonesty include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing or copying someone’s homework.
- Sharing test content before, during or after any assessment.
- Using a “cheat sheet”, reference materials, or electronic resources when it is not permitted.
- Passing along or using another student’s note sheet.
- Using a phone or other electronic device to share test or quiz content.
- Copying material from websites without citations.
- Taking credit for someone else’s writing/ideas.
In the case of academic dishonesty, the teacher will notify the parents and school administration. Classroom and school consequences may apply.